Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He arrived...FINALLY!!

40 weeks came and went and still no baby...Kaiden arrived 8 days overdue. After 15 hours of labour, he was turned and not straightening out so we had a c section. What a crazy experience that alone was!!

I just wanted to mention why we decided to name our baby "Kaiden." We went through a ton of books and websites trying to find a boy name. It was hard. As we went through test after test, and our little baby kept passing everything with flying colours, we knew we had to find a name with a good meaning. So Kaiden means "fighter and spirit of battle." Because he put up a good fight and still is!

After finally getting to meet Kaiden, the next day and without being all dopey from the drugs, I was surprised by the cysts. They weren't as we had expected, and were all around his neck. He was put in the NICU right after delivery for 5 days while they observed him and made sure it was safe to bring him home with us. We stayed in the hospital as well through that time. It was weird, not being with my baby right after he was born. I think it took me longer than I had expected to bond with him just because he wasn`t with me right away. But now, that bond gets stronger everyday and he is my entire life!
We finally got released on the Friday, and brought home our beautiful baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment