Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Follow up appt is looming...

Kaiden's surgery has been over a month ago. I'm impressed that he is back to his rowdy little self. His personality and spunk are back, and I am so thankful that this surgery didn't change the amazing child that he is. It was a rough go for awhile, he didn't trust us, and thought we were always trying to hurt him. But yet he didn't like being away from us. That's back to normal too, he doesn't mind at all when I drop him off at daycare anymore. He'll even let me clean his swollen ear, and the incision has healed very well.
He is still swollen, and we were hoping by now the swelling would be much less. It's hard to know what to expect, as this is the first surgery we've gone through. We have a follow-up appointment on Thursday, and I'm nervous to see what the dr thinks about his progress. His chin  and ear are still noticeably different. I got my hopes up too high that his face will magically go back to "normal." I'm wondering now if that will ever actually happen. It's impossible not to worry that the cysts have grown back and that's why it hasn't reduced as much as we had hoped.

I guess we'll just wait and see what the dr says on Thursday...here's hoping for good news, and that this is a typical recovery!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you! college of health and human services wmu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post. managing stress principles and strategies for health and well being
    This is an awesome article a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this useful data. I will visit your web journal consistently for some most recent post. american safety and health institute cpr test answers
    This is really very impressive guide of valve selection which can be very helpful for many industry people. Thanks for sharing this valve selection tips. new york health and racquet club 23rd street

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've outdone yourself with this excellent posting. Thanks very much for the great photos and witty prose. Keep it up! south bay mental health center brockton ma

    ReplyDelete